Deliver Better Wi-Fi to Residential Subscribers
Wi-Fi Growth Has Exploded
- Today in North America alone, the average household has 8.5 Wi-Fi connected devices. This is expected to grow to over 13 connected devices by 20211
- High speed broadband is becoming more widely available, with over 75% of US households able to access >100Mbps broadband service2.
With more bandwidth and services available to the home, subscribers are demanding a high quality Wi-Fi experience across all their devices.
Challenges In Delivering High Quality Wi-Fi
Wi-Fi environments are becoming more congested and Wi-Fi is often the bottleneck in delivering the fast and reliable Wi-Fi performance subscribers expect. The Wi-Fi experience can often suffer from many environmental factors, such as coverage, congestion, noise, and interference as well as system issues such as configuration issues. These impairments impact the user’s Wi-Fi experience measured by poor throughput, latency.
Multi-Access point applications ranging from extender or mesh to denser, multi-dwelling units (MDU) configurations create additional challenges due to the proximity of users and devices. Managing such complex deployments requires a group-managed approach from the cloud rather than locally-based greedy management.
LACK OF WI-FI VISIBILITY AND CONTROL
Today operators lack tools to diagnose and resolve Wi-Fi related issues and thus assessing and improving subscriber’s Quality-of-Experience. At the same time, subscribers cannot easily resolve issues without having to call their service provider. This translates to high operating costs for the service provider due to ineffective or lengthy support calls, unnecessary truck rolls, and replacing perfectly healthy CPEs without resolving the real problem.
Manage Residential Wi-Fi with CloudCheck
CloudCheck Complete Solution for Subscriber Care
The CloudCheck product is a software-only solution to monitor, manage and optimize home Wi-Fi networks for service providers.
Its unique layered architecture, composed of a smart agent and a powerful cloud, provides performance and scale. The CloudCheck platform utilizes contextual analytics and machine-learning algorithms to proactively optimize subscriber Wi-Fi networks.
The CloudCheck platform seamlessly integrates with other care workflows and can utilize external data to make better decisions.
CLOUDCHECK OPTIMIZATION SERVER
CloudCheck Optimization Server utilizes cloud-based machine learning and analytics to evaluate historical and real-time conditions of the Wi-Fi environments to makes automatic, contextual- based optimizations that are ideal for each node on the network. Status, updates, alerts and recommendations via console APIs or a CloudCheck mobile app help turn call center agents, field techs, and subscribers into Wi-Fi “experts” and provide assisted or self-care.
The CloudCheck mobile APP turns subscribers and field technicians into Wi-Fi experts. Through this app, end-users and field technicians can interact with CloudCheck and optimize the Wi-Fi network environment. The app provides:
- SpeedTest: Measures the end-to-end broadband and Wi-Fi throughput simultaneously to identify performance bottlenecks.
- SweetSpots®: Continuously measures Wi-Fi throughput to identify coverage dead spots and create home surveys to assist with the installation. SweetSpots® is available in the CloudCheck Mobile App or can be downloaded as a standalone app.
- Smartifi®: Provides a full network view when the agent is present and enables the user to take actions and view recommendations that would help resolve existing issues.
- Remote Management: Provides access to the Smartifi view and functionalities from anywhere once the proper authentication is established by the user. This helps users manage their networks remotely and field techs conclude work orders and generate birth certificates.
- Provides real-time monitoring and optimization while benefiting from the cloud to update policies, learn from heuristics, and provide context
- Software that resides on the CPE to ensure scalability and performance
- User-space app with a light memory and CPU footprint
- Enables gateway-based broadband speed tests that measure the true broadband speed and does not impact nor get impacted by end-user activity.
EXPERT SYSTEM API
CloudCheck solution provides a rich and complete Southbound and REST Northbound API libraries to enable integration into OSS/BSS systems and customer care workflows.
With CloudCheck software, operators now have the visibility and control they need to ensure a world-class Wi-Fi subscriber experience.
- Annual visual networking index forecast by Cisco
- USTelecom 2016 report