ASSIA Showcases Wi-Fi Optimization at the CableLabs 2017 Summer Conference
Redwood City, CA—Aug 7, 2017 — Adaptive Spectrum and Signal Alignment, Inc. (ASSIA®) ASSIA, the market leader with software solutions that deliver reliable broadband and Wi-Fi to the home, introduces cable enhanced features to its CloudCheck® Wi-Fi diagnostics and optimization platform.
Despite the increase of broadband cable bandwidth to the home and the adoption of high speed 802.11ac 5GHz Wi-Fi infrastructure, delivering a quality Wi-Fi experience remains a challenge due to severe performance, congestion, and coverage issues. During global deployments and trials of ASSIA’s CloudCheck optimization solution, ASSIA found that on average:
- 50% of homes experience slow Wi-Fi due to broadband performance bottlenecks
- 40% of subscriber devices never connect to the 5GHz band
- 30% of subscribers experience coverage issues in the 5GHz band
The CloudCheck software platform provides operator visibility and control over home Wi-Fi. The CloudCheck optimization solution is based on a scalable cloud and agent-based architecture and provides real-time diagnostics, self-healing, and optimization of Wi-Fi networks. Utilizing extensive APIs and a mobile APP, cable operators can now deliver effective subscriber Wi-Fi care with the CloudCheck platform.
New CloudCheck software capabilities and features targeted for the cable industry include:
- RRM-SON* cloud-based management platform with speed test capability for isolating performance issues related to cable or the Wi-Fi network
- Multi-platform software support across all hardware including cable gateways, access points, extenders, repeaters, and mesh networks
- Customer Care API’s for detailed diagnostics, recommendations, and optimization visibility of the Wi-Fi and broadband network
- Network-wide analytics and reporting
- Customizable configurations and groupings to segment and partition deployments
Attendees of the CableLabs 2017 Summer Conference in Keystone, Colorado are invited to visit the ASSIA booth or contact ASSIA at [email protected] to arrange for a private demonstration of the CloudCheck optimization solution. In addition, any operators who may not be attending the CableLabs conference are invited to contact ASSIA to learn more.
ASSIA is a trusted partner with the leading market share of management and optimization software solutions for global broadband and residential access networks. ASSIA’s Expresse broadband system enables Internet Service Provider companies to save significant money on subscriber care, increase customer satisfaction, and launch more revenue-generating service tiers in their access networks. ASSIA’s CloudCheck Wi-Fi optimization solution enables enterprise companies to provide, and consumers to enjoy, premium digital experiences over the residential Wi-Fi network. ASSIA has more than 80 million broadband households under contract worldwide. For more information, visit www.assia-inc.com.
*RRM-SON is an acronym for “Radio Resource Management – Self Organizing Networks”
Expresse® and CloudCheck® are registered trademarks of ASSIA.
“ASSIA” is an acronym for “Adaptive Spectrum and Signal Alignment.”