ASSIA is proud of its support from key investors over the years, including some of the most respected organizations around the globe with connections to the markets ASSIA serves. For more information, please contact John Cioffi, David Stevenson, or send an e-mail to [email protected].
ASSIA’s investors include:
AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) is a premier communications holding company. Its subsidiaries and affiliates – AT&T operating companies – are the providers of AT&T services in the United States and around the world. With a powerful array of network resources that includes the nation’s fastest mobile broadband network, AT&T is a leading provider of wireless, Wi-Fi, high speed Internet and voice services. A leader in mobile broadband, AT&T also offers the best wireless coverage worldwide, offering the most wireless phones that work in the most countries. It also offers advanced TV services under the AT&T U-verse® and AT&T | DIRECTV brands. The company’s suite of IP-based business communications services is one of the most advanced in the world. In domestic markets, AT&T Advertising Solutions and AT&T Interactive are known for their leadership in local search and advertising. In 2010, AT&T again ranked among the 50 Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE® magazine. Additional information about AT&T Inc. and the products and services provided by AT&T subsidiaries and affiliates is available at http://www.att.com.
Use of the AT&T logo is granted under permission by AT&T Intellectual Property.
DTCP is an investment management group with $1.7 billion of assets under management and advisory from Deutsche Telekom and other institutional investors, and a portfolio of over 60 companies. The group is dedicated to providing venture and growth capital, private equity investments, and advisory services to the technology, media, and telecommunications sectors. It operates and invests in Europe, the US, and Israel. For more information, visit www.telekom-capital.com.
Sandalwood Partners was established in October 2006 as an early stage venture capital fund focused on cross-border investments into Asia, specifically India and China. With a fund size of $120 million, Sandalwood is looking for winning ideas revolving around telecom, outsourcing services (business, engineering, and media), technology, and renewable energy. For more information, visit http://www.sandalwoodpartners.com.
SFR Development is the Corporate Venture Capital Fund of SFR, a leading French service provider. Vivendi owns 56% of the company, while Vodafone owns the remaining 44%. Created in 2006, SFR Development has invested in 13 emerging companies related to Web and mobile. For more information, visit http://www.sfr.com/.
Sofinnova Partners is an independent venture capital firm based in Paris. It invests in early stage companies, corporate spin-offs, and turnaround situations in the technology and life sciences spaces, including cleantech. For more information, visit http://www.sofinnova.fr/.
Swisscom Ventures seeks to acquire stakes in companies that operate in promising markets for information, communication, and entertainment technologies. These efforts also include spinning off Swisscom’s internal business activities. As a value-creating investor, Swisscom is able to provide companies with the technical know-how and strategic experience of an established telecommunications provider. For more information, visithttp://www.swisscom.ch/.
Telefónica is one of the world’s largest telecommunications companies by market capitalization. It centers its activities mainly on the fixed and mobile telephony businesses, while its broadband business is the key growth driver underpinning both. It operates in 25 countries and its customer base exceeds 281 million globally. Telefónica’s growth strategy is focused on the markets in which it has a strong foothold: Spain, Europe, and Latin America. Telefónica is a 100% private company, with more than 1.5 million direct shareholders. For more information, visit http://www.telefonica.com/.
Valuegate Investments is a private investment firm based in Saudi Arabia and focused on value-add investing in distinctive regional and international businesses. As an aligned partner, Valuegate engages with select regional institutional investors to source, execute, create, and realize value from attractive investments in target sectors and geographies. The target sectors include technology, telecom, healthcare, energy, and consumer centric sectors. Valuegate’s values are centered around ethics, value creation, collaboration, and rigor in all of its engagements. Valuegate founding partners’ prior experience includes running Eastgate Capital Group, one of the largest PE/RE investment firms in the MENA region with approximately $1.5b of commitments under management.
ASSIA has also received funding from other private investors, including academic institutions. For more information, please contact [email protected].