Join the Industry Thought-Leaders in Applying AI to Optimize the Quality of Experience of Home Internet
ASSIA is not only a market leader in cloud solutions that optimize home wireless and broadband networks, we are also the thought leader. We’ve been applying AI to diagnose, troubleshoot, and optimize broadband lines to the home for over a decade. We’ve been an active contributor to the standards bodies that keep innovating with initiatives like Wi-Fi 6 and 5G.
Now we are applying our innovation, expertise, technology, and experience to home Wi-Fi so that service providers around the world can manage and optimize broadband to every device in the home. Come join us, and be at the forefront of applying AI, machine learning, and big data to better everyone’s Wi-Fi Quality of Experience.
Our headquarters is in Redwood City, California. We have an office in Madrid, Spain fully staffed with engineers and customer support. Our sales team is throughout the world.
We are Seeking the Best and Brightest
We are looking for top talent to help us improve internet performance around the globe to support the IoT, mobile, streaming, gaming, digital assistant, and other devices in today’s home. Come join us and make a difference that matters!
Deployment Engineering Internship - Telecom
Technical Project Engineer (Deployment Engineer)
ASSIA is an exciting and dynamic organization that is shaping the future of broadband and wireless network connectivity.
We are looking for a Technical Project Engineer to help us in deployment and maintenance of ASSIA's OSS products and service delivery for our current and future customers.
Reporting to Deployment Engineering Manager, this role provides technical expertise and support and is involved in all phases of a project: analysis of technical system requirements, planning, implementation, execution, etc, to ensure that project technical needs and customer requirements have been met.
Working closely with System Engineering, Development, and Sales Teams, this position works to ensure that ASSIA's solution is fully functioning according to specifications. The Technical Project Engineer may also provide follow-up support to company sales staff and customer teams by disseminating technical information on specific applications.
To succeed in this role at ASSIA, the candidate needs to be self-confident, hands-on and eager to learn, outgoing and customer service-oriented person.
10% international travel can be expected.
Main Responsibilities and Duties:
- Participate in deployment projects with high quality standards and tight timelines
- Gather requirements from customers and find technical solutions
- Provide Technical Support to customers working closely with ASSIA's Technical Experts.
- Support installation, configuration and testing of ASSIA's products and solutions
- Prepare technical environments for ASSIA's product demonstrations and trials.
- Communicate and follow up project status and deliverables by reporting regularly to external and internal stakeholders.
- Bachelor in Computer Science, Telecommunications/Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Master in Computer Science or Telecommunications/Electrical Engineering is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with Linux. Advanced experience would be a plus.
- Programming in scripting languages like Python.
- Experience with DevOps tools (eg. Ansible) would be desirable.
- Knowledge of database models and their use through SQL. Experience with Oracle technologies would be a plus.
- Familiarity with object-oriented software languages
- Knowledge of network or telecom management systems and devices, specifically as they pertain to xDSL and optical fiber related systems would be positively valued.
- Excels in providing technical support to internal and external customers
- Strong organizational skills
- Problem solving approach, Initiative and Continuous learning
- Time management - Proven ability to estimate and prioritize tasks
- Ability to multi-task in a multi-customer support environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to customer service
- Comfortable working with customers to gather requirements and report results
- Able to interface with both technical customers and non-technical personnel
ASSIA is looking for a Telecommunications Engineer for a System Engineer position to work on ASSIA products to improve access networks of Global ISPs, such as Telefonica, DT, LLA.
If you have a strong background in communication theory and signal processing, enthusiasm for lab and field analysis and you are passionate about algorithms improvements you are the right candidate.
The Systems Engineering role’s main responsibility is to have functional knowledge of ASSIA’s products and related technologies to deliver customized best in class solutions through data analysis and algorithms improvements, and to provide expert technical assistance to customers.
You will be working in a dynamic and continuous learning environment, with highly cooperative colleagues. Shortly you will feel part of a highly skilled technical community.
- Education: Master of science in Telecommunication or related fields. PhD degree will be a plus.
- Relevant experience working on physical layer of OFDM communication systems
- Knowledge of xDSL, GPON highly desirable
- Experience in collection, tests definition, analysis, reporting of data, etc. in laboratory/production environments
- Experience in algorithm analysis using MATLAB or other programming languages
- Familiarity with Linux (as user) as well as programming in scripting languages like Python
- Experience with database languages such as SQL and Mongo DB are desirable
- Experience in Java software development desirable
- Analytical Capabilities
- Critical thinking
- Data visualization
- Problem solving
- Planning and Organizational skills
- Communication skills
- Eager to learn
- Active listening
- Customer and results orientation
Redwood City, CA, United StatesFull-Time10/5/2020
We are seeking a Financial Analyst to join our Finance team in our corporate headquarters located in Redwood City, CA. The Financial Analyst will report directly to our Corporate Controller and will analyze financial status by collecting, monitoring, and studying data; providing analyses to support the company's accounting and operations.
- Prepares company's annual operation plan (AOP)
- Creates financial forecasts, reports, and operational tracking metrics
- Supports accounting by providing analyses and participating in the monthly close process
- Supports management decision making by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses
- Determines cost of operations by collecting operational data and establishing expected costs
- Reconciles transactions by comparing and correcting data
- Maintains databases by entering, verifying, and backing up data
- Increases productivity by developing automated accounting applications; coordinating information requirements
- Performs duties with appropriate confidentiality
- Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing related work as needed; works closely with the accounting team to ensure accurate financial reporting
Qualifications and Experience:
- 5+ years of business finance or other relevant experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting/Economics and equivalent work experience
- Strong quantitative and analytical competency
- Strong fluency in Excel including advanced formulas and functions
- Strong financial modeling experience
- Excellent communications skills-experience working with, and presenting to, senior executives
- Self-starter with excellent interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills
Communication Systems Engineer
Redwood City, CA, United StatesFull-Time9/24/2020
ASSIA software solutions, algorithms, and innovations enable reliably fast broadband and Wi-Fi internet connectivity to consumers everywhere. ASSIA’s systems are used by roughly 40 internet service providers globally in more than 100 million homes every day. The present opening regards use of data sciences and optimization technologies in Wi-Fi and mobile connectivity to advance ASSIA’s Cloudcheck software management solution. The position also involves use of learning algorithms to assess consumer Wi-Fi related issues and consequent Quality of Internet Experience.
ASSIA System Experts create and use next generation Wi-Fi and 5G technologies in radio resource management, mesh networking, and connectivity management. These systems experts help lead a global group develop products in these areas. System Experts will have an opportunity to make a significant impact at a fast growing company (www.assia-inc.com)
Create and develop optimization and diagnostics algorithms for Wi-Fi and mobile networks
Analyze big data collected from large Wi-Fi networks and mobile devices using machine learning
Analyze physical, link, and network layer performance
Work with large broadband/Wi-Fi service providers, and present the results based on the field data
Desired Experience and Qualifications include some of:
Knowledge of 802.11 transmission layer systems and management protocols
Experience in machine learning and big data tools
Experience in network management systems is highly desirable
Experience in cellular wireless technologies is a plus Experience or familiarity with standards is a plus
MS or PhD degree in EE/CS or related field
Additional desired skills or ability to learn:
programming (JAVA preferred) and scripting (Python preferred).
Familiarity with Unix environment and scripting tools - Python
Database skills including big data techniques like Map/Reduce
Work equally well with people in technical, executive, and sales roles
Good oral and written communication and interpersonal skills; able to build trusting relationships within a diverse team and across global organizations
Agency Notice: All unsolicited resumes/CV's submitted through our Web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of ASSIA. will be considered property of ASSIA and are not subject to payment of referral fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for ASSIA, any such agency or firm must have a formal written agreement and active working relationships with ASSIA Talent Acquisition Department and submit resumes via the agency submittal instructions. Even with respect to authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the agency submittal instructions are not followed, no referral fees will be paid by ASSIA.