ASSIA wants its customers to be confident that the investment they make today to improve their internet QoS and home Wi-Fi QoE will not be obsolete in a few years. That is why ASSIA actively participates in standards organizations and contributes to the definition of standards.
Download the document to see what we are doing with the:
- Wi-Fi Alliance (WFA)
- Broadband Forum (BBF)
- Network Interoperability Consultative Committee (NICC)
- International Telecommunications Union
- ETSI Network Functions Virtualization Industry Specification Group (NFV ISG)
- Wireless Broadband Alliance (WBA)
The landscape of Wi-Fi standards that will help service providers take responsibility for managing home Wi-Fi CPE is still evolving. This puts the service provider looking for a technology path for managing home Wi-Fi that will serve them today, as well as tomorrow, in a tough situation.
Download the “Guide to Cloud-based Wi-Fi Management Standards and Open Source” for an overview of the CPE Management Standards and open source initiative overview and what they intend to accomplish:
- From TR-069 to USP/TR-369
The definition of home broadband service has expanded all the way to the device. Residential customers are defining their quality of experience based on what happens between the gateway and their devices. We commissioned Adlane Fellah, Senior Analyst at Maravedis, to research and write a whitepaper on “The Case for Managed Home Wi-Fi”. Mr. Fellah has authored various landmark reports on Wi-Fi, LTE, 4G, and technology trends in various industries, including retail, restaurant, and hospitality.
In the whitepaper, Adlane covers:
- Factors affecting home Wi-Fi performance such as dead zones and neighborhood interference, among others
- The cost of poor Wi-Fi performance such as a high number of tier 1 and tier 2 service tickets, technician dispatches, long customer service calls, unnecessary gateway swaps, and customer churn
- The benefits of a managed home Wi-Fi solution including reduced OpEx, reduced CapEx, and new revenues
- Deployment considerations such as the impact of 802.11ax in the home, EasyMesh™, WAN and LAN optimization, and regulatory considerations
ASSIA, October 2015
ASSIA, September 2013
S. Galli, G. Ginis, M.Goldburg